SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere Service is terrible

Eddy Simms Texas Purchased a new John Deere Gator a year ago and despite gas leaking into the oil and the Gator smoking up all the time John Deere wants me to change the oil every 2 or 3 weeks to get rid of the gas because they say we don't drive it rough enough and that's why the carburetor leaks gas into the oil. APPARENTLY NOTHING WE CAN DO despite John Deere in Mt. Pleasant opening service tickets with John Deere asking them permission to change the carburetor because it is the only carburetor of it's type in the US and John Deere refusing. apparently this carburetor (I was told) is placed on Gator's in Canada. I have every intent to trade in my large John Deere tractor and all my farm accessories and the Gator with probably Kubota........
Dale G. Basgall That is not consistant with John Deere policy, you may have other issues of familuarity with the dealer that are prejudicing you in your area. John Deere does no approve of treating customers as you have been treated. Go online to http:// deere.com and state your facts, you will get a reply back.

Dale G. Basgall

Eddy Simms Texas JD says the problem is consistent with this fuel injected vechile which needs a warm-up before shutting it off and as well requires a break-in period of an hour heavy driving; we drive it short distances only. The dealer offered a trade in to the diesel model which we will do although it will cost a couple of grand - too bad no one every mentioned this a year ago.
Gary Terpstra This is not unusual with lightly driven vehicles. Any engine will get gas by the rings and the engine temp will evaporate the fuel in the oil unless the engine doesnot get up to temp. We have seen this issue and talked w/ local Polaris and Yamaha dealers who have experienced the same issue with lightly driven, short trip, units. Also have seen this in the auto industy with slow short trip drivers especially in the colder weather. John Deere has a case on their DTECH site, have your dealer check this out. You can change vehicles, if you do not change your driving habits you will experience the same isues.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: