SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 318

Scott Graser I am looking for a Cozy Cab for my 318. I have been thinking about making one out of conduit but am not sure where to attach it to on the front of the tractor. If anyone has created one on their own, would you please send a few pictures to my email address? sgraser@ttonco.org

BTW I have read all of the posts about the 318 and am very impressed by the quality of the responses

Swampfox112 Simmer down and give yourself time to realize that you really don't want to do that.( Build one ) The neighbors will be saying."There goes the neighborhood" Save your money up and buy a cab for $500 or less, you'll be glad you did.
Scott Graser You hit the nail on the head, I want one so bad that I thought I could build one for a lot less. I hope to find a "real" cozy cab. I live in north central Ohio. Hope to find one close by that is being neglected.
bontai Joe You should check Ebay and Craig's list at least once a day for one. They pop up fairly regularly. As to making one, it can be done and they can look great or look like crap, depends a lot on your skills as a fabricator, and what tools and materials you have available. Here are plans being sold by a guy on Ebay to make your own cab. I have no connection to this, so check him out before sending money:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-DEERE-CAB-ENCLOSURE-PLANS_W0QQitemZ120335281317QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item120335281317&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A3%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Scott Graser
Re: JD 318

I found a Cozy Cab for my 318. I dont think it is the proper one as the guy that I bough it from had to cut the area out by the brake pedal and box it in. I paid $550 for it, and I like it.

Swampfox112 Looks good Scott. I think ya got a fair price too.
Scott Graser
Bought a Cozy Cab

I was able to plow in style last night. We had about 2" of wet snow and I just had to get my TRACTOR out.

Have a snowy day, Scott

PS: I HOPE IT SNOWS A COUPLE OF INCHES EVERY DAY THIS WINTER!!

bontai Joe I hope you get at least a couple of 12" storms to play in. You got a pretty nivce deal on that cab, and your tractor looks great, ready for anything.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: