SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 2040

Walt I'm new to ranching and new to tractors.
I just bought a JD 2040 last June and don't know the year. The VIN plate and etch in frame are covered by the 145 front loader bracket. Where else might I look for the VIN to get any parts?
I got a manual for a 1980- thinking it would be "close", but there are some things that don't "jive".
One difference mine has is the trans shifter for reverse and range- mine has drive I and II, reverse and P... Park?? P is upper left.
my JD has two batteries where there is room for one!! Next spring I'm going to put one back in and have a spare if needed. The manual I have said the cowl tilts back to ge tat the batteries. I don't see and disconnect lever as shown in the manual.
Worst part of my new toy... TOOL- not "toy" (wife may be looking) is that it is at the ranch in Texas and we only got down there a couple times this year. We are moving down next spring .
I would sure appreciate any input from y'all. (practicing) (moving from Indiana)

Henry Careful, every bug in Texas bites, stings or taste terrible.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: