SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Deere 445 transaxle leak

WEC4104 I have recently developed a leak directly under the rear axle of my 445. I'm not sure of the exact location, but I have checked to make sure the hydraulic oil filter is snug. I first noticed a small two inch puddle on the garage floor. Now, with the engine running, I get steady drips at 3-4 second intervals. Anyone ever experience this, or have suggestions aon probable cause? Thanks
Gus Step one would be to find out what is leaking. May require you to look under the tractor. Let us know what you find. Hard to tell you how to repair what you don't know is leaking.
PDK I just repaired this problem on my 1995 JD445. It turned out to be an oil seal that popped out of the transaxle. The seal is on the left side of the transaxle housing and the piston it seals is part of the same linkage that controls the transaxle positraction. (red foot pedal). Very easy fix, just push the seal back in with a long narrow flat screwdriver. You have to work from the top taking fenders and gas tank out. But don't get nervous it is only (6) screws. Very easy. Hope this helps
Mel Thank you for the posting. I had the same problem with my 445 and I just got it back together. The gasket was displaced and I slid it back into place and the leak stopped. You saved my a great deal of money.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: