SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Front Tires for 770

AARON L. FLORY I am having a difficult time finding replacement front tires for my 4X4 770. The original front tires are the Firestone 6.00-12 R1 Road & Field --- Firestone isn't making it anymore. The problem I'm having, is that the diameter of the Firestones is larger than anything new that I can purchase. I have about 1/4 tread left on the front tires and they still measure just over 24 inches in diameter. Any of the new tires that I can find, measure just under 23 inches in diamter --- so the new tires are smaller than my worn tires. I have talked with several tire dealers and they do not have any solutions and are not able to find anything for me. John Deere stopped making the 770 somewhere around 1997, so my John Deere dealer doesn't have any answers for me either. I am happy to buy a set of used tires, as long as they have at least a minimum of 75% of the tread. Does anyone out there have any advice as to where I could go to get a replacement set of what I currently have? My rear tires still have great tread left and are not worn very much at all. Thanks in advance for any advice or help that can be given.
Dale G. Basgall Arron, on a 770 tire size is critical as you well know by now, try Kansas Tractor Parts in Great Bend Kansas they part out alot of Deere Equipment.

Dale G. Basgall

bontai Joe Cedar Rapids Tire, Miller Tire, and Richards tire are all tire dealers with websites and specialize in tractor tires. You might have some luck with them.
Mike Ousley I have a complete set for a 770 with turf tires and wheels with 100 hrs like new..my number is 740-384-2382 Wellston Ohio

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: