SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

jd302a diesel loses rpm

Ken Hood I have a diesel 302a backhoe loader that when cold starts up fine but as it warms up the rpms slowly decrease until it stalls out. The time between how long it takes was a couple of hours or so but now it is down to about 10 or 15 minutes. I have replaced the oil, fuel and hydrolic filters, blew out the line from the fuel pump to the tank and have been bleeding the air and bottom off the fuel filter. The engine does not smoke and except for this seems to run fine for the last 80 hours that I have had the machine. When I drained the fuel tank I did get some small rust colored particles about the size of sand.
Dale G. Basgall Ken, make sure the injector return line is clear also, it sounds as if you have a restriction back to the fuel tank. Remove the injector return line and blow back into the tank, any restriction will cause that symptom.

If you make sure the return line is clean back to the tank, install the return line and try it if there was no restriction, otherwise remove the tube coming from the top of the fuel injection pump and also the fittin going into the fuel injection pump. In that fittin is a small glass ball check ball. Look and see if it is plugged with a little bit of black looking rubber. Try starting the tractor and let fuel come out of the fitting hole and let it run and dump fuel for about 15 seconds or so. Put the check valve back onto the fuel injection pump and then the tube and see if it runs.

If your fuel injection pump governor dampner has failed there will be little black pieces stuck in that glass check ball.

Dale G. Basgall

John A.Heine Take fitting out of return line.Engine will not run unless pump can send return fuel back to tank.Gov.ring in pump is coming apart.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: