SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

6320 JD

Alvin Kicklighter I have a 6320 JD with 550 hrs., fuel tank is building up excessive pressure after about 30 minutes of use, all fuel return lines are weeping, any suggestions.
Gus Is the vent in the fuel cap plugged?
Alvin Kicklighter No, I replaced the fuel cap.

Mike The cap should vent the air from the tank. Also excess pressure could come from bad injector seals. Put the return line into a container with the engine running, and make sure there are no bubbles.
Hoss I have had many 6410's do this and it was the aneroid diaphram in the injection pump with a hole in it putting boost pressure in the fuel return line. I haven't looked to see if the early 20 series had these. The later ones had an electronic inj pump and did not in which case still doesn't help you.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: