SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

PTO quit while in use; JD L120

Randy The blades on my JD L120 quit in the middle of cutting the lawn. The engine runs fine. When I engage the PTO nothing happens (engine continues to run fine. Could this be 1)weak battery(how does that affect pto clutch? 2)pto clutch adjustment(how do I determine it is out of adjustment 3)other reasons?

Thanks in advance for any help.

bontai Joe The first thing I would look for is has a stick or something yanked a wire off the PTO? Is current getting to the PTO? Is there an inline fuse that's blown?
Randy Found a wire broken at the plug to the clutch assembly. Soldered back together and works fine now. Thanks for the reply.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: