SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Identifying aJohn Deere 2520

Corky Marshall Is there any way to tell a 2520 from a 2510?

A ractor I bought several years ago had 2520
decals but someone told me it was actually a
2510. Another person said it was in fact a 2520
because it had a bolt on pto cover plate which
allowed a 540/1000 swap.

The serial number is T713R008541R. I looked up
the serial number but it looks like te 2510/20's
may have had the same seial numbers.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Dale G. Basgall Corky, it appears that the pistons and liners are different, the 2510 shows a T23481, and the 2520 shows a T32343, so I believe the serial number plate on the engine would be helpfull. The P.I.N. # you need to correctly identify all Deere products is a 13 digit product identification number and I see your has only twelve and it doesn't appear to be the correct PIN#.

Dale G. Basgall

Corky Marshall Dale,

I'll double check the SN plate and see if I can
find the engine SN.

I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks

Hoss The 2510 has the pto lever beside the dash the 2520 lever is on the dash. The scv (remote valve) on the 2510 is under the hood with the couplers on the rear. The 2520 has the scv and couplers made together and it is bolted to the back of the rockshaft housing. The 2510 has a round muffler and the 2520 has an oval muffler. Just some of the easy to see differences.
Corky Marshall Hoss,

It's definitely a 2510. The scv was
under the hood and the pto lever was beside the
dash.

Thanks for your help.

Corky Marshall Dale,

I double checked the sn plate and the numbers I
put down were correct. Perhaps the SN plate
was changed out at some point.

I couldn't find the SN plate on the engine.

Se my follow-up post to Hoss.

Thanks for your help.

Hoss Corky, your tractor is a 1966 model

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: