SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

FUEL PROBLEMS

brian briggs I HAVE 5210 JOHN DEERE TRACTOR. I RAN OUT OF FUEL AND I CANNOT GET RUNNING AGAIN. I NEED SOME HELP..
Dale G. Basgall Brian, I have one of those and have experienced that twice now. Where the fuel filter attaches there is a pump to prime the system if it's like mine. What happens is black looking lint stuff gets into the pimper valve and when you need to prime it and get it going nothing happens. Just pop out the plunger and you will see the crap in there, remove it and put it back together and prime the system, it will work if you dug out any stuff that got caught from the tank.

If that isn't it there is an electrical looking cold start gismo plugged into the water elbow just above the fuel injection pump, I unplugged mine and the tractor works fine without it, but the symptoms were it was blowing the fuel solenoid fuse. If you are in cold weather you may need it if that was the problem.

Those are the only two thing I have had trouble with in several years we had ours.

If you don't get er going write back on the forum we can go deeper if you need to.

Dale

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: