SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4710 power reverce won't move

larry John deere 4710. After changing the hydrolic filters and fluid because the bucket was slow and the three point would not go up the tractor will not go forward or reverce. The bucket and three point work fine after the change. Any one know what to do?

Dale G. Basgall Larry, I think the 4710 has a hydrostatic transmission in it, was there any problem with the propell forward or reverse before you changed the oil, maybe someone accidentally hit the speed selector and knocked it between gears.

Also there should be an electronic controller that will give a code, I may be mistaken I don't have the service disk for that tractor but if you don't get it going I will be glad to do a little research on the problem.

Dale G. Basgall

larry Mike, Yes it is a hydrostatic drive. There was no problem before changing oil. After checking all the wires and the proper shift range's I'm still lost. It has to be something simple and I wish I could find it before I have to take it in. I wonder if someone has a blueprint of the hydrostatic system? larry
larry Sorry, Dale

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: