SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

855 JD PTO lever not staying engaged

Thomas callahan My JD 855 has a mid mounted mower when I engage the PTO,sometimes it engages sometimes not,I replaced the switch under the seat,this didn't help,if I wedge the magnet up it will mow fine all day,seems like the magnet is not powerfull enough to engage anymore,what gives?
Dale G. Basgall Thomas, what magnet are you speaking of ? Which valve there are several on those tractors but I can see a magnet in the parts book, with a few more specifics we can work through this one, write back on the forum if you need further assistance.

Dale

Dale G. Basgall Thomas, I can not see a magnet on the parts breakdown.

Dale

Vince I have a 755 JD and have had similar problems. The magnet in the dash is an electro magnet so you must have a breakdown in the Circuit.
t.j. I was watching the pto lever it creeps down slowly
the spring clip that is suppose to hold it up is losing its strength so i prop it up

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: