SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 950 Headgasket

Sid Smith I have a customer that has a JD 950 with a blown Headgasket.
The JD Dealer near me just kind of gives me a blank stare when I give him the engine # and serial # off of the engine.
It is a Yanmar Engine 3T901 and the Serial # on the block/plate is CH3057D209327.
He came up with 2 part #s. Doesn't stock them
and told me they would be $165.00 plus tax.

Looking forward to any help.
(I am a yacht mechanic by trade, one of my customers has the tractor also.)
Thanx.

hay the JD 950 is an older model compact tractor. yanmar made. parts are probably very hard to find for those tractors, but i think $165 is a bit too much. might try a google search for aftermarket parts or possibly NAPA auto parts store may be able to cross the number over to some other foreign make that will work. NAPA stock and or can find a lot of unusual parts that are much cheaper than the JD/Yanmar brand names. possibly take the old gasket and make a match up.
Bill Hodgin N.C. Hi, Try calling a yanmar parts dealer. Your tractor is the same as a 276 or 276d yanmar.I know because i have a 276d EXACT same as your 950

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: