SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

throttle linkage on JD 950 tractor

Joe Mikeska The last user of my JD 950 pulled the hand throttle control much farther backward than necessary to shut off the fuel pump. I found the linkage to be bound up and the lever on the injector pump block was in an abnormal position. I got the linkage unbound and now the linkage/throttle control moves freely through it normal range of motion, but the engine now will not start. Acts like it is not getting fuel. I bled fuel lines. Seems to be no fuel downstream of the injector pump. Could the fuel shutoff valve be broken? How do gain access to the fuel shutoff valve?
Don Gemmell This must a JD950 problem. I just bought the same model. The linkage travels too far clockwise on its own and kills the engine. The owners manual has a picture of a JD850 fuel pump and that does not help as that pump works exactly opposite. The linkage arm on the JD850 pushes over the top to add fuel. I suspect there is a spring that must be missing as there is a small hole on the wing that the long linkage arm attaches to??

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: