SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

401D Hydraulics

Murray When first started hydraulics are chucking for the first 2 minutes of use. After that they are fine. Have checked the startup limit solenoid, OK, Wondering if filter or plugged sump screen can cause this. Just bought this unit from a municipality. Don't know all the history.
Dale G. Basgall Murray :

Usually on most hydraulic systems this chucking you refer to happens when the system drains back overnight or after setting, I mean the hydraylic system, and then after it runs it smooths out. If it were a sump screen or something like a restriction on the suction side, mostly the individual functions when operated would be slow, so there may be a anti drainback valve or a check valve in that hydraulic system causing the oil to drain back overnight.

Dale

Bruce My 1986 401D has devolped a shutter when you use the loader. If you raise the loader to the top a couple of times like you are getting the air out of the cylinders it will work fine as long as you continue to use it. but if it sits for 2 or 3 minutes you have to start all over again. the pump is a little noisy put has proper pressure and gpm rating. It acts like it is sucking air someplace i have replaced all external rubber hoses on the suction side, cleaned suction screen changed filters. tractor only has 650 hours on it yet the pump is noisy. It has had an update done to the return line by john deere or someone that is supposed to be the cure before i bought it. no external leaks, has the proper oil the problem is getting worse any other ideas besides a rebuilt pump?

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: