SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

332 Diesel over heating

Fred Zeller Hello, First I would like to thank you guys for all the help you have given me in the past. I appreciate it more than you will ever know.
Now for my problem ( this time ):) My 332 diesel that I just bought, is over heating. I have cleaned the outside of the radiator and ordered a new thermostat. Besides flushing out the inside of the radiator, is there any thing else I should look at.? Is this a common problem with the 332 Yanmar diesel.? Thanks again. Fred

Jared Whitaker Hey Fred, I got a john deere 332, and after I bought it the thing started over heating. I done the same thing, flush the radiator and cleaned around it pretty good. Mine didn't have a thermostat in it anymore. Which I still never replaced. Anyways the thing still ran hot so I carried the radiator so a shop and the drain plug had a bad seal and when it ran hot it leaked from around the seal. Also I replaced the fan. Ran good for awhile then would run hot after running for about an hour. What was happpening was the pully on the alternator was locking up occasionaly just enough to cause the belt to slip and run the radiator hot. I fixed the pulley and a new belt and the mower has yet to run hot. Hope this helps.
bontai Joe I've read elsewhere that the radiator on these probably could have been a bit larger. I've also read that you will need to keep the exterior of the radiator CLEAN on both sides. Keep the fan blades clean, and if you have the perforated belly screen under the frame, that has to be cleaned often as well to maximize cooling air flow around the radiator.
Woody Smith Would an extra cooler be better for engine coolant or hydraulic oil system in order to keep the unit from over heating??

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: