SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 590 round baler uneven net feeding

Marvin Hello! In the local farm I use JD 590 round baler. Last days have been messy with it. Baling functions perfectly but there are some problems with wrapping the net around. It feeds the net to the belts perfectly, but when it stops and blocks the feeding rubber wheel then left side of the net will brake but right side will continue running for a bit longer and then it leaves one side of the net sort of hanging there. The bale comes out perfect but if I start to add net to next bale then that hanging part will wrap the net in between all over the place and I end up with a huge mess. I have called local JD dealers for help and they have checked it and said that they know nothing about that machine. They just charge huge bill and do nothing helpful. Now I personally think that the rubber bar that feeds the net will apply stronger pressure on the other bar under it (net goes in between these two) therefore left side has more force of friction and right side has less. I don't know how to decrease the pressure of the rubber bar's left side, but I tried adding pressure on the right side. Now the center was still slipping too much or sides were braking too much. I am desperate as I have lot's of baling to do and I can't reset the net after every bale manually.

Thanks for your looking anyways!

Marvin.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: