SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 420 Garden Tarctor oil leak & PTO Problem

Rick Moore My JD 420 garden tractor (onan P220G-10462B) has on oil leak behind the front pto. Thought it was the front oil seal behind the PTO,but the new seal is in (after messing up two oil seals,third a charm) and still have a leak somewhere behind the PTO. Also my PTO is now getting so hot, it is burning up the field coil(followed the tech manual on install with the 0.46mm gap between rotor and armature). Have the Tech Manual but not the CTM2 engine manual. Any thoughts.

Thanks

steve there is a plate that the seal that you put in goes into with a gasket on it they have been known to leak so you will have to pull that plate and replace the gasket
Jim I'm having the same problem,would you happen to have the part numbers for the seal and gasket.Thanks
anthony1955 I had similar problem and it was the gasket between the oil filter bracket and engine. It had a slight crack in it.

anthony

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: