SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Hydralic pump removal on 2010 John Deere

Dennis Having trouble with Power Steering and 3 point lift.
Does anyone know if Pump can be removed without splitting Tractor? Thanks in advance.

Dale G. Basgall Dennis :
The pump you are refering to is the charge pump to the main hydraulic pump. Have you took the transmission pump ( charge pump) and performed a pressure test on it , I think those are usually around 130 to 160 psi. There are two ports on the stroke control valve in the front of the main hydraulic pump. Try taking the charge pump pressure reading.

Dennis Thanks for your reply Dale. Yes the pump has been tested and is not pumping at all. There is a silvery film around filter like metal on metal grindings so I was wondering if the pump could be removed through th removable plate in front of the pump. A Mechanic told me it could be done, but it wasn'dt easy.
I may not be able to relocate another pump and might have to rebuild the old one.

Cody I don't think any of the pumps, in tractors with power steering, will come out through the bottom. I have tried it , and could not get it out of the hole. The service manual says split between the clutch housing and transmission housing. It will come out of the clutch housing, with clutch housing to engine split, and is a lot less work.

If you can get it out through the plate, it will take longer to fight it in and out than it will to make the front split so you can get to it.

I am sure you already know the 2010 does not have a charge pump, front pump or stroke control valve housing.

Dennis Thanks for your input Cody. Yes I knew that there was only the one pump. I was looking for the easiest way to remove the pump and you just helped me a bunch in that part. Are you familiar with where one might get another rebuilt or otherwise pump.
Again thank you very much for your followup.
Dennis

Kenny Dennis, I don't know of any supplier for that pump. The last one we did, we sent the pump out to machine shop and had the housing and gears machined down to tighten up tolerances. It will reduce volume of pump slightly, but better than not working at all. The pump will come out the bottom. you have to disconnect the steering pressure line on right side and I can't remember for sure if there are three or four bolts holding pump in. The disconnect linkage on left side needs unhooking also. The power steering oil line is the worst. If you get that off, the pump is easy.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: