SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 4630 Steering Problems

Merl Tractor has about 5700 hours, it is used for a discbine mainly. The steering to the left works fine but to the right you have to spin the wheel several times to make the right turn and when it is sitting idiling the wheels turn to the left on there own. Any Help appreciated.
Thanks

Dale G. Basgall Merl :
Sounds like the problem is in the steering valve. They are not that easy to rebuild and there are a few things in there that by experience you learn what not to do to them. If you can remove the steering valve you could perform the repairs but for sure read the tech manual and the repair manual with that section before you take anything apart. The job can get pricy without the manual.
Dale

Merl Thanks for the advise, I will be looking for a rebuilt if they are out there, time is not in my favor to try and repair/rebuild. Thank You
Merl Would you have reference where I could purchase a rebuilt one.

Thanks

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: