SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 212 front drive belt- How to replace

Rebecca I have replaced the back drive belt now I can't figure out how to take the front drive belt off the pulley. Do I have to remove the PTO pulleys and the clutch drive in order to take the blet off?
Dale G. Basgall Rebecca :

Remove the bolt on the underneath of the unit and the one that removes the pto assembly. It is a long bolt and as you remove it slowly the pto should drop down as it is removed until the pto and bolt falls off. On the top side of that is a metal shield around the transmission drive belt. If the pto doesn't fall off easily then send another note and I will try to walk you through that one.

Dale

steve To replace that belt you have to take off the clutch assembly and then slide the new belt on. There is a little brake pad on the underside of the clutch hub that you will have to loosen up before you can take the clutch hub off
darrell duncan I went by the old belt but when I put it on it seemed like it was to big.it will pull when I put it in high gear but not low . Wat size should I buy ..

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: