SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

410C Clutch linkage fix.

Hummer Just got a 86 410C as a new to me toy for use around the farm. 3500 hours on it. At any rate nothing happened when the clutch is depressed, no disengagement so I pulled off side panel and started looking and found the Arm T83117 (part number) broken in three pieces. Page 0360-22 JD Parts Catalog.
Apparently it has been broken since new. I pulled the support arm off and the pivot piece was frozen in place. Clamped the support arm in vice and it it took a 24" pipe wrench to loosen it and required gentle heating and application of penetrating oil. Finally got it off with lots of gentle working. Arm is broken just to the left and right of the center pivot area. This is not a high stress part as the valve spool it depresses operates quite easily. It is a aluminum casting.
The problem appears to be the casting was not drilled with the proper size drill to allow free and easy movement on the pivot pin and it froze in place.(Aluminum and steel in direct contact with presence of moisture will set up a prime combo for seizure)
There are three fixes. 1 a new part, 2 TIG weld the broken pieces together and 3. fab a new part from steel which I opted for.
Prevention of this failure (siezure) for those machines that sit out in weather is give the bracket pivot pins a shot of Mobil 1 Synthetic oil when lubing machine. The arm is secured by a chain link master link and of course it was rusted and seized and would not come off so I had to take it off with a Dremel tool and disc cutter. New link was $1.87. When I reassemble the unit I will spray the inside of the arm pivot hole and the link with Corrosion Preventive Moly spray and lube them with Synthetic Grease.
Being fabbed from steel with proper clearance and well greased this problem should never surface again.

Dwight
I have a new 410 C transmission. It was bought by a freind 3 years ago for over $5000 and he never installed it due to failing health.
Transmission has been stored inside with all ports sealed.
Asking $2500. All offers considered.
Pics available. Will warranty.
Also have many other 410 parts.
Dwight........870-879-3268

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name: