SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 2630

David Milford
JD 2630

I recently acquired this tractor and am confident that the PTO works, but when I try to engage it, I get a gear grinding sound and so have never engaged it all the way. Is there a separate clutch for the PTO?
Thanks,

Dale G. Basgall I notice there is an impliment of some kind on the tractor now, when it is detached from the pto does it make the gear noise ?
Eldridge There is a hydraulic clutch that engages pto. The clutch is activated/deactivated by the valve near the shifter (white topped handle).

There is a lever on the side of the transmission to engage or disengage the pto. In theory, you move the lever on transmission, with tractor off... it can be manipulated when tractor is running, but clunking and thumping will ensue-- make sure the white handle isn't in the engaged position if you mess with the side lever while tractor is running. Then use the white topped handle to turn on and off pto during use.

There's an internal brake on the rear pto, as far as I can tell, you need to split the tractor to repair it-- ours has been out for years.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: