SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 318

Steve Gagliano I have a 1985 318 John Deere with a B43G engine and was wondering what kind of problem it would be to put a P218G engine in it [like wiring]or anything else?
Dave Steve - It can be done. Others have made the conversion. There are some wiring issues. Best to get a wiring diagram for each before hand, and compare. There is also an issue with the drive shaft length. And the starter may be an issue with clearing the frame. - Dave
bontai Joe The ease of this can depend on where you are getting the P218G from. In any event, you will need a drive shaft spacer to make up for the length lost with the new motor. I dropped a P220G in for a B43 in a Deere 316, but I bought it new from Small Engine Warehouse set up for just this purpose. They can probably set you up with the drive shaft spacer you need.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: