SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

3010 JD power steering

Steve Dempsey After my tractor sets for a few days, it has no hydralic resistance in the steering wheel. It seems like hydralic oil is draining back into the reservoir. After starting tractor, it takes a minute or so before I have power steering. Any suggestions on where to start looking for the problem.
Thanks.

William It could be the stroke control valve in the hydraulic pump, if my memory is correct. I would check in on that first.
Bill There's a check valve in the transmission case that keeps the oil from draining back. I'm guessing the spring is weak or broken. The quickest and cheapest fix is to install an inline check valve for probably under $10. I can give you the part numbers and tell you how to do it if you're interested. You may have to take the fitting to a machine shop to have the fitting drilled and tapped.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: