SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4600 fuel shutoff

Kevin I have a 4600 tractor that intermittedly won't start and I can pull the fuel shutoff solenoid out with the key on and push in on it and reinstall it and tractor will start and run untill it is turned off but sometimes it will start right up and soemtimes it won't. The shutoff solenoid has been replaced by someone else and that didn't fix it. I checked power to solenoid and I am only getting power on the red wire but nothing on the white wire at all. I have no wire diaghram since JD finds it not necessary to put them in thier parts or operator manuals. Could someone help me out here I need a diaghram or someone to tell me which component controls the pull in part of the fuel shuoff solenoid. I was thinking maybe a relay or something must work it.
Kevin Well since nobody could help me out I went ahead and ordered the technical CD for my tractor and I will figure it out myself with the the schematic. I really should have the manual for it anyways and our local JD service locations are of absolutely no help all they say is bring it to us and we can fix it for $90 per hour. NOT!!! later
Kevin Well tech manual on disc came yesterday and got it figured out. The thermister is bad. It is a very small thermal resister soldered in behind the fuse block at the K3 relay and it controls how long the pull in side of the fuel solenoid is powered up so it doesn't overheat. Part number is LVU10323.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: