SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD Gator w/20 hp kawasaki - need help ( no spark )

John Anyone out there familiar with this ignition system.Looks like it has pulsing coil(s) on the flywheel,two ignition coils,and a module(ignitor).If anyone knows what the problem is or can give me a step by step troubleshooting sequence so I can find which part is at fault,I would sure appreciate it.Thanks for your help in advance. John
Dale G. Basgall Use a DVOM (digital volt ohm meter) on the pulse coils on the flywheel, there are two leads on each one take and om reading it should be the same on both, I don't know what it is for sure I think around 48 ohms or so , anyway if they are the same resistance most likely that is not your problem, take a ohm reading on the primary coils that go to the spark plug and they should be around the same, most likely both coils or all four would not likely to fail at the same time, well that leaves only one other choice I believe and make sure the primary coils are getting the correct voltage to the + and - leads. I believe it is a 12vdc system that requires dc voltage to the primary coils. You can figure out what it is by knowing for sure what it isn't.

John Thanks Dale;You give some great help and I appreciate it very much.I'll let you know what I find. John
Craig This is relatively the same engine as my 425 tractor. I had some ignition issues that I was able to correct.
Search the John Deere forum for "425", and review my thread about, "JD 425 Kawasaki running rough at times with deck engaged... *** PROBLEM FIXED ***". You are also welcome to contact me about your issue. Good luck.

John Craig,Thanks alot for your input.I'm leaning toward the ignitor also, but given the cost I want to get some other opinions before I take the plunge.Have you read your thread lately? there's a bunch of guys wanting to know where you got the part so cheap!
Thanks again, John

clete i try all most everything so if you could it would be appercated! thanks
clete jd gator 6x4 20hp kawasaki help!
Burt Irby have you replace the coil? or the magneto?
KC MY NO SPARK ISSUE WAS THE IGNITOR ON TOP OF ENGINE. 1 INCH SILVER BOX. I BOUGHT IT ON EBAY FOR 20 BUCKS .. SEARCH ROTARY 9334 PART

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: