SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

2840 3 point shaky

Nick I have an older 2840 that when I raise or lower the 3 point it starts shaking up & down. Also when I try to run the remotes on a auger for a gravity flow wagon the lever won't stay engaged.
Thanks Nick

Dale G. Basgall Sound like low hydraulic oil flow, one problem may be in the bottom transmission sump screen. It is the one that goes behind the fitting where the hydraulic supply oil comes from . First make sure the hydraulic oil filters are changed, if so and it still shudders trace the hydraulic pump inlet to the bottom of the transmission and remove the primary filter screen and clean it out.
nick I changed the filter & fluid & cleaned the screen but it still shudders. If I shift down & rev it up it will work fine.
Thanks Nick

Tyler I have a 2840 that has the same problem. The problem with my tractor is that one of the remaote valves is by-passing. If you listen when you start the tractor, after a minute at an idle, you will probably hear fluid bypassing. If that is the case, the only remedy is to rebuild the remote valve which I have been told requires specialty tools and about 4 hours labor at a dealer.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: