SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Hydraulics

Jimmy Fairleigh I've got a john deere with a loader and recently i was pushing on poles with it and now the bucket will bleed down. not the lift arms but the curl cylinders will bleed down you can curl it back up but it will bleed back down again. i beleive the piston seal is probaly bad. could someone confirm that for me please,

jimmy

Dale G. Basgall Lower the loader after curling back on the bucket and place a block on the tip of the cutting edge so the bucket is physically forced to stay back in the curled position. Take a cap that fits onto the fitting that is attached to the line from the hydraulic control valve to the curl cylinders. Remove the line that is supposed to be blocking the flow of oil back to the hydraulic control valve. Do this with all of the curl cylinders if there is more than one. Install a cap onto that fitting of each cylinder and then disconnect the other hydraulic lines to the curl cylinders. I believe you have a closed centered system depends what model JD you have but most all are closed centered systems meaning the flow of oil is blocked when the control levers are in the neutral position. So dont pull on the curl lever as you slowly raise the loader and if a cylinder is leaking oil will run out as it allows the bucket to uncurl.
ian Dale i had the same exact thing happen to my 460 loader i ordered two seal kits for the curl cylinders it was about $30.00 each. then i had them rebuilt and they work like new now.

Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:  
E-Mail:  
Subject:

Upload Picture (Optional - Choose File):

Comments:

Name:
Email: