1989 JD 4255 MFWD

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

1989 JD 4255 MFWD

Dave Graeve The powershift on this tractor, when the trans mission gets warmed up it works fine but if you stop and put it in neutral and then try to go again there is nothing, so I put it in park ref up the engine put back in gear And every thing works fine again I have changed the tansmission filters and power washed the oil cooler the linkage is free, I took the council apart and cleaned all the dirt away from the boots,I lubed the shifting quadrant so it is working freely talked to 2 mechanics and there not sure what it is? If anyone Knows Please advice Thanks Dave
Mike Sounds like a valve sticking in the shift housing. It will require some diagnosing of all the pressures.
Dave Graeve Thank you Mike for the advise, what I can't figure out is why everything works fine until the oil is warmed up.Tried adjusting front linkage yesterday as advise by my mechanic, will see if that made any difference when fields dry up again
Dave Graeve The Problem with my 4255MFWD Power shift was a chunk of something in One of the shifting valves on the external shifting case. It was nothing serious. Dave

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: