JD 345 won't start

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 345 won't start

Todd I have a 345 with a kawasaki 20hp liquid cooled motor, I have cleaned the carb. changed spark plugs. It has spark to the plugs but will not fire even with starting fluid. When I pulled it out from winter storage it started ran for a few seconds and popped, died and won't restart. any suggestions on what else to try.
Dave Todd - Could be you have spark, but it's not hot enough. The igniter coils could be bad. Stale gas. If you did not run the fuel tank dry last fall, and left gas in over the winter, it's more than likely gone bad. The fuel system will have to be cleaned. My guess it's bad fuel and it's gummed up the carb, so that's why starting fluid won't fire either. - Dave
shawn sounds to me like maybe the valves stuck causing the push rods to fall off low compression remove valve covers and see if push rods r on valve train
Matthew Kohn What an awesome forum. I had trouble with my JD 345...cranked, but wouldn't fire. Read through some of the similar problems and noticed some talk about 345's with 200-250 hours on them that had the control module (AM128906) failure. My 345 had 215 hours on it and thought it can't be this easy. I headed down to the John Deere dealer and bought a new module for under $20.00. BINGO...problem solved. You guys saved me a lot of time, headaches and money! Thanks again.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: