Over filling hydro trans fluid-should I remove some?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Over filling hydro trans fluid-should I remove some?

Vigilant I serviced the trans on my GT275, and apparently didn't read the trans dipstick correctly. I ended up filling the trans with fresh fluid clear to the top. I left the filler plug off, and drove it around the yard a bit, thinking that might allow any dangerous excess to be pumped out. The fluid level dropped by about an inch, but it's still overfilled. Should I find a suction apparatus and remove some more fluid, or should this be OK as is?

As always, thanks in advance.

Dave Vigilant - I would get the fluid to its correct level. The reason it dropped down, was probably due to air within the system "burping" out. You could use some 1/4" tubing, insert into the fill opening, then place your thumb over the exposed end of the tubing, and pull the tubing out, insert the other end of the tube into a container and release your thumb. Continue until you achieve the proper level. - Dave
versatile You can also remove fluid by using a pump off of such as a pump for hand lotion with a tube on it.
Dave Versatile - Excellent idea! I'm going to write that one down somewhere. Thanks! - Dave
Gus Dave, the method you described is what my granpa called an "oklahoma credit card". Versatile does have a good idea, may take awhile but workable...

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: