John Deere 4310 Rear PTO won't engage

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 4310 Rear PTO won't engage

Mark I have a JD4310. When I pull up on the rear PTO, the light on the dash comes on but the PTO will not engage. The FWD works fine. The bucket also works fine.

Any idea's on what could cause the PTO to not engage?

Dean I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY 4700 JD. I HAVE ELECTRICAL POWER DOWN TO THE SELENOID BUT IT WILL NOT ENGAGE. I PLAN TO PULL INTO THE VALVE BODY NEXT WEEK. IF I FIND THE PROBLEM I WILL FORWARD IT ON TO YOU.
Mark Thanks. I found 2 wiring harnesses near the mid PTO under the tractor. I took them apart and some pins were very dirty. I cleaned the pins the other connections and put the two back together. It worked! Thanks for the information and good luck on your issue.
Dazed Confused I have a JD4310. When I pull up on the rear PTO, the light on the dash comes and the PTO works for about 30 minutes then stops, and will not re-engage. The lighgton the dash is on, but the PYO is dead. The FWD works fine. The bucket also works fine. After an hour or so, it works again, for about 5 minutes, then stops again.
Any idea's on what could cause the PTO to run intermittently?

I have already chaged the solenoid.

I am dazed and confused!!!

Dazed Confused I have a JD4310. When I pull up on the rear PTO, the light on the dash comes and the PTO works for about 30 minutes then stops, and will not re-engage. The lighgton the dash is on, but the PYO is dead. The FWD works fine. The bucket also works fine. After an hour or so, it works again, for about 5 minutes, then stops again.
Any idea's on what could cause the PTO to run intermittently?

I have already chaged the solenoid.

I am dazed and confused!!!

roger I have the same problem
Kelly Brittain My 4700 pto does not come on. It used to, went to hook to finish mower, pulled the knob and nothing.

Lee Golden With operator manual in hand I've gone thru the start process many times with no results. All other accessories work fine, but no pto. Help Help. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.Thank you.
Rosemary Alston researching for husband.. pto will not engage, replaced switch. unable to locate solenoid. just printed instructions how to test. looking for other possible reasons
ed I have a 4105. Was in Harvey flood. Everything works fine except pto. I pull switch, nothing happens. Light on dash shows it on. Is there a fuse that could have shorted? Any other ideas?
ed Forget the fuse. I have power to the solenoid and conductivity thru the solenoid. Could the problem still be the solenoid or probably something else?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: