GX 345 won't start but cranks after "tune up"

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

GX 345 won't start but cranks after "tune up"

dave The last time I was cutting the grass my tractor was hard to start and then after about 10 min. of running, the engine shut off. I pulled the plugs, cleaned them, checked the air filter(OK)and topped off with gas and she fired up. Today I decided to give it a tune up and winterize before putting it away for the winter. Changed the plugs,air filter,oil, gas fliter and after many attempts, it fails to start. I noticed that there is very little gas in the filter(is this normal?). I checked the two 15 amp fuses?? they appear OK. Any other troubleshooting you guys can suggest before I take it to the dealer?
Thanks! Dave

Tim You may try and take the fuel line off between the pump and the tank and blow back into the tank to see if you have any restriction in the lines. If so, you will need to clean the tank and lines.
Tyler Johnson I have seen this problem from time to time and I thing your problem is the off time delay module located on the left hand side of the engine. It is a square box with one bolt holding it on to engine. The John Deere parts # is AM128906 the price is approx. $15.00. Hope this helps.
Steve A picture of it is located here. The replacement part is round. Fixed mine.. Same Symptoms.

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/slongholio/IMG_0772.jpg

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: