curtis cab heater not producing heat

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

curtis cab heater not producing heat

Steve Hansen I just put in a curtis cab heater on my John Deere 445 tractor and the dealer tells me that John Deere puts in a too big of radiator which is the reason way I'm not getting any hot air.Could someone let me know if there is any thing I can do.
Gus Ask a different dealer of their opinion. Sounds plausible but not likely. Keep us posted.
Jeff Ruyle I'm not familiar with these units but assume they plumb into the cooling system. Seems like operating temp ought to be hot enough. Is your themostat working correctly and not sticking open?
Mike Butz If the radiator is too big you could cover part or all of it to reduce the cooling; like many truckers do in the winter. I doubt that's the problem though. Be sure that all of the air is out of the heater water loop. The Curtis Cab heater instructions are specific about bleeding the system. I read note from someone else online who installed an electric fuel pump in the heater loop to insure good water circulation. He said that it made bleeding the system a snap as well.
Larry C. Watkins
Hi,

I had a problem getting enough hot water up to my heater unit on an International. I came directly off of the side of the engine block, into a small circulator pump and then to the heater. Now, I have to keep a window open.

I picked up my pump from a school bus supply company. They use these small circulators to push hot water to the back seats on large buses.

If this doesn't work, maybe paint the tractor RED!

Happy New Year!

L. Watkins

Red I need to hook up a curtis hot water heater, I have the heater just need the parts to hook it to a 2210 John Deere, where can I buy the parts I need??

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: