Brakes - John Deere 180 Lawn Tractor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Brakes - John Deere 180 Lawn Tractor

Felmer I have changed the two brake pads on my John Deere 180 lawn tractor. I used a feeler gauge to set the clearance at .02. When not running, I can push the mower, press the brake pedal, and the mower will stop. However, when driving the tractor, the brakes will not work. Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong?
Thanks

Mike Is it a hydro transmission or a gear transmission?
Felmer It's a gear transmission.

Thanks

Adam The brakes on a 180 lawn tractor with a gear transmission will only stop the tractor when the clutch is pressed down. The brakes don't have enough strength to stop the tractor without the clutch. Also, if you just stopped the tractor, you'd stall the engine. By the way, where are the brakes and how can I get to them on the 180 tractor?
Vince Yeah, i thought somehow the brakes worked through the tramsmisssion. Mine stopped working, does anyone know how to addjust them? Thanks
Rich Same problem here. Won't stop . How do you adjust them and where are they?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: