GX345 Charging

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

GX345 Charging

a12vman I replaced my battery 2 months ago after it would no longer hold a charge. However I am now seeing my battery light coming on once in a while(even after running for 30 minutes). It will stay on for several minutes then go off. I am not running any extra electrical accessories on my Tractor, not even the lights. Is it possible that I may have an issue with my charging system but is not causing a problem since I have a fresh battery? Is there a procedure for testing the charging system?

Thanks in Advance,
-a12vman

Gus You can check the output of the alternator in a no load situation by using a multi meter. This will tell you if the unit is putting out the correct voltage- usually in the 12.4/13.6 range at operating rpm. Use the amp setting on the multimeter to see if it's within range with all electrical accesories on. Most of the small units won't put out more than 15 amps or so.
The best way would be to remove the alternator and take it to a shop that has a machine for testing such things.
Assuming all connections are tight and clean?

Byron Its the voltage regulator wiggle the wires at the voltage regulator if the light goes out replace John Deere had a problem with this regulator breaking circuits on the board.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: