Need Advice on how to Widen the rear tires on my JD 3320

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Need Advice on how to Widen the rear tires on my JD 3320

Sarah Irons Hi everyone, does anyone know if the wheels on a JD 3320 can be safely widened. I bought my tractor used with only 44 hours on it. It is well suited for our 11 acre property. However it came with the standard Front 7-14/ 6PR/ R1 and the Rear 11.2-24/ 6PR/ R1 tires. Can the tires be reversed on the rears for a wider stance? Or, Are Hub extensions available for this unit. Or will just getting the bigger Ag R4 tires help. I have gently - slightly rolling land, with only a very few 'hairy spots' and I was surprised at how unstable I felt. I love my tractor; it was the biggest 'newer type' tractor I could afford. I would like advice on how to gain a little insurance for roll prevention. I feel a bit frightened because of this tractor's slightly narrower profile ... It came with the cab up top which also raises the center of gravity bit. Would you please tell me what is the smartest way to set this tractor up to prevent it from rolling .... Besides of course driving it properly. Thanks, Sarah.
Versatile First get an owners manual. It should tell you how. Usually on a JD you jack up each rear wheel separately and there is a process to do it which just about anyone can do. You have to break the cone loose then you use a wrench to move the wheel outward. I am not good at explaining about the cone. I am sure someone better than me will respond. All in all it's not much to do. Easily done by a newbie in less than an hr per side(high amount of time estimate),
Very possible someone has had duals on it or it was setup for cultivation.

Stan C I have the R4 one piece rim on a JD 3320 and have reversed both the rear and front tires to help keep it stable when working on unstable ground. It didn't help that much. I am currently looking for hub extensions. I may have found some, but won't find out until monday. If anyone knows where to get them, please clue me in. Thanks Stan C

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: