John Deere 6610 overheating

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

John Deere 6610 overheating

Brent Attard Have a JD 6610 tractor that is overheating when worked. Have done radiator, theromostats, waterpump and head. Has a fixed fan and new belt tensioner. Need help has every mechanic stumped.
bontai Joe Coolant mix is proper ratio of antifreeze and water? all air vents are clear on engine housing? Is a higher performance fan available?
Versatile Maybe a bad temp gauge? .Bad rad cap? Hose collapsing? Belt slippage? Radiator hose has a pinhole in it? I had that happen on a 900 Versatile. You could get off the tractor and not even notice it.The small stream squirted towards the radiator and evaporated immediately. Maybe air still in system?
chapman enterprises This is not the first 6610 to have this problem. But i need to know more info on what it acually does. There could be 3 different things that make the 6610.Do this.Email me if you have not resolved this problem . thanks Brian
Versatile Inquiring minds would love to know those three things.

bontai Joe Yeah, I'd like to know those 3 things as well, even if it's just the "highlights".
bontai Joe Just wondering if Chapman Ent. has got you fixed up, and would you share what the solution was.
CLIVE thats easy, its the water pump impeller loose, ive done loads of them, hope this helps, clive
paul de blok Is the engine really overheating ? I could remember the time that I was reparing this kind of tractors, there was a resistance in the dashboard, whe also had problems with the eco-fan(to much slip) ....
Sam Stoddart Did you find what the problem was. I have a 6910 doing the same. I have replaced the water pump, thermostats, head gasket, viscous fan, and tested the temp sensor. It was ok.
Jannie Vermeulen I have a JD6610 which I already changed the waterpump, the fan, but is still getting hot. I have measured the temperature, and it is still getting hot.
Do anybody maybe know what else can I check for?

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: