ivt trans. in 6420

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

ivt trans. in 6420

Brian Kinsella does anyone have a tractor with an IVT transmission in the 6420 series? I would like to know their reputation and what kind of hrs. one could hope to get from them.
jamie smith i think the early 6020 series with ivt had problems when the combined radiator and oil cooler failed and coolant got into the transmission oil . This caused big problems and jd changed the whole transmission under warranty on tractors affected but it might only have been the larger six cylinder models.
ross We have sold 7 of the IVT transmissions to local farmers and have had only minor problems with one unit being replaced. How many hours are on the machine you are looking at? What will the machine be used for? As long as you do the regular maintenace to these machines, they should have no major problems for a very long time. Some of the machines farmers are using now have close to 4000 hours.
Chance at the dealership where i work weve sold tons of tractors with the ivt none have had problems except 1 which was covered by warrenty other than that there pretty reilable so far
tc is the 20 series ivt same as 10 I have[7810ivt] it has 3600hrs. it has given a few problems but all were electronic that were easily diagnosed and adjusted with laptop/prog. This tractor is used yr round +35C to -40C. codes are pulled easier on 20 series and trans has proven its self in europe for more than ____yrs[local farmer came from england] just hasn't had the time the 50series pshift had to prove itself hr wise. takes a little time to train hired man[self included] moving from pshift,pquad,ivt and back.
tc most importantly in my area was finding the mech/tech at the dealership that had the knowledge/training because the were new when i bought better now
brian hi,a bit of advice stay well away from that modle jd,the john deere dealers dont want to trade them back in.that was a very unsucesful transmission designed by zf,

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: