4020 3pt hitch stuck up.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4020 3pt hitch stuck up.

Josh in WNY I have a late model 4020 that with a 3pt hitch problem. We bought the tractor a couple of years ago knowing it had some issues and I'm just getting around to the 3pt hitch.

The rocker arms are stuck in the raised position and will not lower down. I pulled the control valve housing off and didn't see anything that was obviously wrong, but I've never worked on one of these before. When the housing was off, I could pull the rocker arms down and the fluid would come out of the port like it was supposed to.

After I put the control valve back on. The arms remained down until I moved the lever to the raise position. The arms would come up, but not go back down again.

Anyone have an idea of what might be causing this? I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Josh in WNY

Mike Make sure the rate of drop adjustment isn't screwed all the way in.

Josh in WNY I checked that and it didn't seem to be the problem. I'm going to check the other adjustments as well, just to be safe.

Thanks,
Josh in WNY

Versatile A shot in the dark. Stuck power stroke valve. Get a manual from dealer and install yourself
Josh in WNY I think I found why the 3pt wasn't working. I am apparently not the first person to mess with this because the adjustment screw on the draft sensing link extension was messed up.

Whoever had this tractor before us broke the two tabs off the end of the adjustment screw where the screwdiver fits in. There fix was to put a regular hex nut on it and just tighten it down until it started to turn the locking nut in the holder that is supposed to keep the locking nut from turning.

I think they screwed up the adjustment enough so that the control linkage wasn't contacting the valve to drop the 3pt hitch. I'll let you know when I get finished fixing it.

Josh in WNY

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Enter Code Shown Above Exactly As it Appears:
Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: