JD 125 problem

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 125 problem

Jeff This may be an easy fix that I just have not thought of, but after approx 15-20 minutes of running, my JD will just lose power and die. You can immediately restart the mower, but it will only run for about 30 seconds after that. At first I just thought maybe a clogged fuel filter, but the problem persists even after changing it. I've never paid attention to it until now, but the mower starts out with the fuel filter full, but after the 15 minutes, it looks empty. One thought was there may just be trash in the fuel line or fuel pickup inside the tank. If so, what would be the best way to try to clean it out? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Smokin Dog Jeff, it does sound like the fuel is blocked
inside the tank. Most of the time you have to
remove the tank and flush it out, look for a
small filter of sort inside the tank at the
fuel line nipple. If it has one like mine did
I removed it and relied on the main filter. I
removed the tank and poured out the fuel into
a container, then hooked a garden hose to the
bottom water faucet of the hot water heater and
flushed it with hot water really well, hot water will dry very fast and does a good job of
cleaning. Good luck.

Jeff Sounds like I have a new weekend project. Thanks a lot for the help & info!
bontai Joe Before you rip the tank out, try running it with the gas cap loose or off. Could be as simple as the vent in the cap is plugged not allowing any air in the tank as gas is used creating a vacuum that the fuel pump can't pull against.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: