Yanmar 330 / john deere

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

Yanmar 330 / john deere

Ryan Hi
I have a yanmar 330 engine that Ive rebuilt. Can anyone tell me if it will fit on to any old John Deere compact tractors. Cant get spares for my gear box in South Africa!
Any ideas will be appreciated.
Thanks

Ryan

bontai Joe Just to be sure I understand correctly, this is a Yanmar 3 cylinder diesel engine out of a Deere model 330? What spares do you need for the tractor?
Ryan Hi
Its a 3T84A-LP engine, from a yanmar 330. Im looking for the cluster gear on the differential drive shaft. "It is the one body cluster", 5 gears on 1 shaft. Getting one made here will cost more than I paid for the entire machine!
Im thinking about putting the motor into a more compact tractor, I need a project, but dont have much money to spend on it!

bontai Joe Does LP mean liquid propane as a fuel? In that case, I have no idea of what this might be a "drop in" replacement for in the Deere line, as I'm just not familiar with the larger stuff. But Yanmar makes a pretty good tractor, and if it was me, I'd be looking on line for parts to fix the tranny, May not find them in SOuth Africa, but the internet gives you access to the whole world.
ryan no, its a standard diesel engine, apparently the LP is something to do with the cylinder sleeve thickness, Ive heard its the same motor that was used on the JD 955.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: