6420 mfwd

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

6420 mfwd

dale henson we problem with our 6420 is the front differntial will not disengage, have replaced switch. the indicator light flashes when the switch is in the disegage position, but when the brakes are applied the light stay on until brakes are released then starts flashing again

thanks

ross Have you recently had the wiring off of the connector? Could the wires be switched? If you haven't messed with the wiring then I would say that something in the wiring is bad, either a short or a ground problem.
Mike P I had similar trouble with the 6400 I bought. The plug to the front wheel drive solenoid valve located underneath the tractor was missing. I got a new plug and valve from jd dealer and installed it but front wheel drive still did not disengage. So I turned on the key and put the 4 wheel drive switch in the disenguaged mode and got underneath the tractor and pushed on the plug I heard a clunk it was the valve engauging. The problem was the plug was not making a good conection. So I tie wrapped the plug to the valve and now it works fine. The valve needs power to disengauge. Be careful and don't get under the tractor with it running. Hope this helps but it may not because mine is an older tractor. Good luck
Mike P I had similar trouble with the 6400 I bought. The plug to the front wheel drive solenoid valve located underneath the tractor was missing. I got a new plug and valve from jd dealer and installed it but front wheel drive still did not disengage. So I turned on the key and put the 4 wheel drive switch in the cab to the disengage mode and got underneath the tractor and pushed on the plug I heard a clunk it was the valve engaging. the problem was the plug was not making a good connection. So I tie wrapped the plug to the valve and now it works fine. the valve needs power to disengage. Be careful and don't get under the tractor with it running. Hope this helps but it may not because mine is an older tractor. Good luck.
johnny mitchell my 04 6420 wont lock in i checked the connector on the solinoid under the tractor
johnny mitchell my front end wont lock in was wondering if auybody has had this problem and could help me narrow it down

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: