JD 345 mowing in Reverse shut off

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 345 mowing in Reverse shut off

Peter I just purchased a GX345 and I would like to know how to disable the mow in reverse safety. Does anyone know how to shut this off? Thanks in advance for the help
Jason Magahee Cut the wire that controlls the shut off

jd as you step on the reverse pedal, hold the PTO
"blade" switch out until you begin to backup
then you can let go and it will stay running

dan hill Dont disable it.I know a fellow who backed over his son.Boy has one leg missing now.
Chris there is a switch under the reverse padel unplug it and ues a jumper wire to power feedin it so it dont turn off when you pull up on the pto leveler. I have done this to my mom and dad gx345 and it is so much nicer then holdin up all the time when you back up....

Sorry but i have haerd stroys about stuff like that running over a little child

I have some steps every one should follow then if they by pass or dont by pass the safty switch

1. NO RIDERS!
2. LOOK AROUND WHEN YOU BACK UP!
3. DONT DRINK!
4. BE AWARE OF WHERE YOUR KIDS ARE AT!

If you follow the steps then you be ok, it dont pay to be in a hurry,

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: