JD F935 Water in Fuel Light

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD F935 Water in Fuel Light

Barry Barske I have a JD F935 front mount mower. The water in Fuel light keeps on coming on and staying on. I have drained all the old fuel , put in new fuel, and drained the filter /water separator. When I bleed the system , all is well for a while ( approx. 10 minutes) and then the Water in fuel light comes on again. The engine seems to lose power whenever the light is on . Any ideas of what could be wrong !!
Thanks

Dana It sounds like you still have water in your fuel. A malfunction in the "water in fuel" circuit will not cause your engine to lose power. It sounds like it is doing its job of detecting water. Are you getting fresh fuel from the pump or is this some fuel you have at home that could possibly be contaminated?
Barrycan5 Thanks for the response.
The water in fuel sensor was faulty. I replaced it and the light no longer comes on after I use it for ten minutes.
Regarding the sluggish engine, I had to bleed the system several times before the engine started to run normally. I think I just had air in the lines after each time I took the filter /separator off to drain the supposedly water in the fuel.
Thanks for your help !!

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: