LX 279 problems

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

LX 279 problems

j d I have a 2000 model LX279 lawn mower. The mower has been maintained in excellent shape , kept inside and should have lasted me 15-20 years. My problem is this , after about 45 minutes of mowing the mower quits pulling itself like it should ,and when this happens I get a hard vibration and a noise from somewhere underneath the unit. The dealer replaced all of the belts and pulleys, $$$, all of which did nothing to correct the problem. They want $1,100 to replace the transmission ,ouch! I am pretty good with the tools and have most of what it would take to tear into it myself, which I am considering , I could use some suggestions if anyone has experienced anything similar to this problem.
Thanks , j.d.

Greg check your pulley on top of rearend belt goes to and make sure key isn't sheared

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: