JD 4200 compact tractor

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

JD 4200 compact tractor

todd 700 hours, light duty use in york, pa. doesn't get much below 0 F.
tractor is difficult to start. tried new battery, air filter, fuel filter and just swapped out oil & filter to 10W-30. once it starts runs fine, and will restart if you shut it off within the following hours the same day. but if it sits overnite, all bets are off--starting isn't anything you can count on. i have the tech manual i purchased from JD and have been stepping thru their troubleshooting guide--exhuasting all the simple steps first within my skill set. any suggestions out there???

gsmith have same one here about 400 hrs . doing the same thing ,may need to sit for a 3-4 days then it will not start at all. somebody else I know has the same problem and the dealer cannot find the problem.
Al Yep, that is my problem too. And, the local tractor shop has mine and one other JD4200 he can't fix with the same problem. JD4200 are lemons, and the plastic engine covers (usually missing or patched with duct tape) are crap too. The JD4200 has an on-board computer, and the replacement computer costs more than the whole tractor is worth.

They don't make them like they used to, and in a few years I suspect they won't be making them, period.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: