318 tiller options

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

318 tiller options

Scott I have a 318 w/ 3-point, but no rear pto. Do I have any options for a tiller. I asked a local JD dealer and they couldn't give me a yes or no answer.
Dave Scott - There's a 30" hydraulic tiller that fits the 318. You need to have the rear hydraulic ports installed, and may need the NLA (no longer available) Hydraulic Diverter Kit. - Dave
Scott Dave thank you for your input, but is that 30" tiller a new tiller or an old one and is it made by JD

thanks again
scott

Dave Scott - Older unit. The JD 30" hydraulic tiller production ended in 1993. - Dave
bontai Joe The hydraulic tillers do pop up on Ebay, but the PTO driven ones are more easily found and cheaper. Might be worth investing in the rear PTO to get a mechanical tiller, total cost of mechanical tiller plus PTO vs. hydraulic tiller and rear hydraulic hook ups would be about equal I guessing.
Alan Scott,
To start off for the 30" hydraulic tiller you do not need rear hydraulic rear ports on your 318. The hydraulic tiller is made by JD. The 30" hydraulic tiller is self contained with its' own hydraulic pump which is driven off the PTO. There are two set ups for hooking up the tiller pump to the PTO. One kind was set up to run off the front PTO which came with the longer hose to goes under neath to the front PTO. The second kind runs off the rear PTO wuth shorter hoses. One more thing when you buy a hydraulic "make sure you get the Upper and Lower mounting brackets with it". JD no longer make them but they still can be found.
Alan

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: