4000 JD question

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]

SSB Farm Tractor Parts, Manuals & Antique TractorsAftermarket Farm & Old Antique Tractor PartsTractor Service, Repair & Owners Operators Manual ShopTractor ImplementsTractor SeatsTractor Front End LoadersPedal Toy Tractors Farm Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsAntique Tractors For Sale ClassifiedsTractors Forum - Help & AdviceTractor, Gardening, Mowers & Outdoor Equipment BooksTractor ProductsContact Us
SEARCH MANUALS
FIND PARTS
How much is your farm tractor worth? Find resale prices for tractors built from 1939 through today, with complete specifications and serial numbers. Save 15% on our Official Tractor Blue Book sale!

Search This Message Board:

4000 JD question

4000 buyer Recently I acquired 69 JD 4000 tractor. The previous owner said that the clutch needed replaced. He had not been the owner of it long so I contacted the owner before him and I was told that the hydraulic pump was going bad because there was no response when he would turn the steering wheel after a half hour of running and idling. The second guy had changed the fluids and filter and I do not see any noticeable problems when I run the tractor. Is the pump going to all of a sudden go bad or is it going to be just getting weaker and weaker all of the time? I would like to know if I need to address this immediately. Thanks
ross Sounds like you have a high pressure leak in your hydraulic system. Is this a powershift or a syncrorange transmission? Start the tractor in the morning after it has been sitting all night and after 5 to 10 minutes start feeling the steering valve, rockshaft housing, the scv housings, brake valve housing. Whichever one is warm or hot to the touch is the one with the leak in it. You will then have to take that part off and have it worked on. That should take care of your problem. If you don't find anything with the high pressure leak then you might be looking at a charge pump. Good Luck

4000 buyer Thanks for the response. I will check that out. The tractor is a syncro. The tractor doesn't seem to have any steering problems but there is some oil in the front end of the tractor in front of the radiator. The rest of the tractor is dry though.

[ Save This Page ] [ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ John Deere Tractor Discussion Forum ] [ FAQ ]
Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Name:
Email: